Thursday, September 11, 2008

Happy Ethiopian New Year/Enkutatash!

It's the Ethiopian New Year! Greetings and best wishes to all! We will definitely be sticking this date in our yearly calendar of reasons to have family and friends over to celebrate in messy and inappropriate ways.

This year, it's me and the dogs.

We're laying on the floor, contemplating our Enkutatash resolutions.

Daisy promised to not lick the furniture so much this year.

Ulysses committed to peeing only on the outside of the house, and to read more fiction.

I commit to being the best mom I can be for Misho. I don't know what that means yet being so new to the job. But, I 100% commit to Misho that I will love him unconditionally, always be present, hear his true self, and give him the space to be who he wants and needs to be.

Happy Enkutatash Misho! See you in three weeks!

Love, Mom.

Now, for no reason, here's a gratuitous celebratory video from the 80's, with the mandatory 80's champagne cork shot.

I heart Siouxisie and the Banshees, and so should you.

No comments: