Sunday, April 20, 2008

The List

There is this thing called "The List." The List is a voluntary spreadsheet that tracks progress for all families at CHSFS in each part of the adoption process. We are currently sitting at #39 on the Waiting for Referral page. In October, we hopped on at #88. The list is lovingly put together and updated by pre and post adoptive parents via our agency. It reflects approximately 40 to 50% of families currently on the hampster wheel. Its a wonderful thing when it moves; it can almost kill you when it doesn't.

I've manipulated this list to death. All you got to do is cut and paste it into a new Excel sheet and you can sort, group, graph, and analyze to your hearts content. I've even made a scatterplot. David believes I have an unhealthy obsession with The List. He is right. The first step to recovery is admitting you have a problem. And, I'm so evil that I've handed this crack pipe over to David's mom, now she's got the monkey on her back! My mom dabbles in it but doesn't appear to be on the road to ruin. Yet.

Right now its a crutch and basically that's all we got.

No comments: