Sunday, April 20, 2008

Waiting for Tragedy



The crazy part of this waiting game is that what we are actually waiting for is some sort of tragedy. Its sad and sometimes downright overwhelming to know that in order for adoption to occur, some level of tragedy must happen, somewhere, to some family. It might fall on the lighter side of the continuum (still relatively bad, I'm sure) to the downright awful. We know that tragedy happens around the world, whether or not we're on this path or not. But it does sober you up, keeps things in perspective, and instills that extra dose of patience.

So as you can see from my photo above, I'm starting to look up and solidier on. I will put my chiffon gown in storage for now, be thankful for what we have, and hope that the tragedy that brings us our child, isn't too too bad, and from which something alright might happen.

No comments: