Sunday, October 12, 2008

We're Home!




Howdy everyone!! First, I apologize for not posting from Ethiopia. It was certainly not from the lack of trying. I set up the email update account, but everytime I constructed and seemingly sent out an entry, it sat quitely in my sent box and wouldn't go out. Conspiracy theories abounded but I think it was just a slow mouse working in the Ethionet internet power box.

That said, we had such an amazing time!!! Mr M. is the most wonderful little man. He has such a wonderful disposition, and is a dead ringer for Tiger Woods, who may also be Ethiopian, if he would just own up.

Currently, M-boy is undergoing a fun but rather tiring transition period here. He is almost dead set on staying awake and looking at every piece of lint, dot, and flicker of light on the wall. He's truly the CEO of this operation, and we're flutting around like serfs trying to please him. His social report (verified by direct observation) says that he "prefers to be naked", and does not cry for "simple reasons." Just like his mom. We're so in love, it will make you ill. More to come.

I just came out of a 5 hour coma and finally, Little M has fallen into a 7 hour sleeper, with currently no end in sight. I am obsessively checking out his breathing and making sure he doesn't snap a limb in the Cirque du Soleil positions he seems to sleep through. The trip home, or rather the last third was rough. A airplane toilet exploded upon my feet and legs, Misho decided to give up sleep for Lent (early), and I ended up having an "we're almost there" breakdown to some sort of angel stewardess on the last leg. And please, do not let me forget to update you all on the gnomes (dozens of them scattered willy nilly) that I came across at the Sheraton in Addis. Talk about a freak out.

Thanks to all of you for your kind words and support!! More photos on their way!

Big shout out to the rule-breaking, rule-creating October 2nd group! All I can say is that we were "dangerous." You all know what I'm talking about line-crossers.

One more shot....




Love, Shelby, M, & D.

8 comments:

Sarah said...

AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! need more photo footage of that beautiful baby. As soon as you are humanly ready, I need to meet that little boy. I will try no to get aggressive about it until you've been back at least a week. Congratulations mama. Please reach out if you need ANYTHING!! I will even deliver from walgreens & trader joe's :). Welcome back.

ajlovestolose said...

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!! I was about to send out a search party-- I have never so obsessivly checked a webpage in my whole life!!! Mr M is capital Adorable and I can't wait to get my mitts on him-- remember Aunt Andrea is ALWAYS available for babysitting!

Cindy said...

So cute! Welcome Home!

FrogMom said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
FrogMom said...

Ooops! I meant "congrats" and welcome home!

;)

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to read that you are home and everything is going well! :)

Look forward to meeting Mr. M in person.

paige said...

Welcome home, happy trio!!!!!

So glad to see you back where you belong. The thought of the exploding toilet may keep me from sleeping for the next 3 days, so um, thanks!

Seriously, it is so good to see you here once more--especially with utter cuteness by your side!

Bridget said...

Congratulations on your beautiful, beautiful son!! We're hoping to get a chance to meet him in the flesh if you come out to the coast. I the meantime, more pictures!!! I wish they had scratch and sniff blogs because nothing smells like baby heads.
(taken out of context that sounds a little disturbing)